Does bleach kill mould

Bleach and Mould

Mould is not only unsightly, but it can also eat away at the surfaces it lives on, causing structural damage. Mould exposure can also cause a number of health issues, and may be especially harmful for people with allergies or weakened immune systems.

Bleach is commonly marketed as a solution for eliminating mould, but it only works against mould on nonporous surfaces, like tiles and sinks. It doesn’t work on porous surfaces, such as wood or drywall.

Mould and its spores can be found almost anywhere, but active mould growth requires moisture. You may initially notice the presence of mould due to its musty scent, or by spotting patches of black, brown, yellow, pink, green, fuzzy growths.

You can use bleach to remove traces of mould on tub and tile surfaces, which are hard and impermeable. However, bleach can’t kill mould on porous surfaces, such as those made of wood.

That’s because mould spreads its roots deep into porous surfaces. Even after applying bleach and wiping away mould from these surfaces, the mould will continue to grow beneath the surface and will return to the area you cleaned in a short amount of time.

Health concerns associated with using bleach to kill mould:

• Chest pain

• Severe breathing problems

• Fluid in the lungs

• Pneumonia

• Vomiting

For a safer reason, products like Mould Remover – Aeris Mould Pro™ could be a better fit. As each case can be different, please reach out to us at info@aeris.com.au to get your tailored solution.

Aeris Mould Pro

By adopting these strategies and investing in the right tools, you can create a home environment that resists mould growth, ensuring a healthier and more comfortable living space for you and your family.